I received an email yesterday from a friend who is planning a Cub Scout "camporee" this fall. He is looking for someone to setup and run a geocaching station. I put him in contact a few local Scout leaders that I know do some geocaching, none were available.
So...is anyone willing and availble to setup and run a simple geocaching station:
- Where: FW Kent Park - near Tiffin
- When: Sat Oct 5th, stations open 1p - 6p, 45 minute rotation
- Ages: First grade through 5th grade (about age 7-11)
- How Many: They are expecting about 250 kids, divided into 6 groups of 40-ish
- Support: There will be plenty of parents to keep the boys on task
- Budget: They have a small budget for swag
- GPS: They have two of the ISU Extension office kits (10 GPS each)
- Format: I discussed with Steve how the station might work. We decided on 6-8 "trails" with 3 caches each. THe group of 40-ish will get split into smaller groups and each smaller group sent down a different trail.
This is an opportunity to expose a lot of kids to geocaching. Who is available to lead, or help with, this event?