Meet DCR Boys!
1. What is your real name?
Rodney Klien, DCR Boys is a meld of names of me and my boys; Drake, Colton, and myself, Rodney.
2. Where is your home location?
Cedar Rapids, IA
3. When did you start Geocaching?
I found a few dozen caches between 2001-2004, but avidly started caching with my boys in 2016 until they lost interest.
4. How did you learn about Geocaching?
When I lived in Maine back in the early 2000's, a buddy of mine told me to come over and bring my new GPS. When I got there, he had some sheets printed out with coordinates on it and went on to explain this new Geocaching game. We punched in the coordinates and went on an adventure. We spent most of the day finding 2 geocaches.
5. What is your favorite part of Geocaching?
I really enjoy seeing new places and the camaraderie with fellow geocachers.
6. What types of caches do you enjoy most?
My favorite cache type is a multi. But I always find time for a gadget cache or field puzzle.
7. What is the favorite cache you’ve found?
I have two very memorable SuperGoober caches. "Float It" and "Listen to Me." I let my boys work the field puzzle on both of these caches and I just sat back and enjoyed the show.
8. Outside of Geocaching, what other hobbies/interests do you enjoy?
Family is a very important part of my life. I hunt just about everything, enjoy fishing, and just like being outside. I am also very involved with Scouts and Venturing.